Las Vegas. Just say the name and your mind is likely to conjure images of bright lights, big hotels, casinos galore, and one of the world’s most unique travel destinations. It’s been called Disney World for adults (although now there’s more to do for the whole family in Las Vegas). For decades, Vegas has held its place in the collective imagination as the planet’s mother node of all things fun and fantastic and in terms of places that should to be at the top of the bucket-list for every fun-loving adult, they don’t come much more deserving than this. But ensuring you enjoy the best stay possible in Vegas isn’t as simple as opting for the first hotel to come up on a Google search. With so many options to choose from, the chances of landing in sub-optimal accommodation is inordinately high. To help steer you in the right direction and make sure your trip to Vegas is one to remember, in this article we will introduce you to our selection of the top 25 hotels Sin City has to offer.
We reviewed dozens of Las Vegas hotels to identify the very best of the best. We based our assessment on a range of factors, including cost, location, convenience, style, amenities, and average customer reviews.
Having considered a large number of hotels, we chose Caesars Palace Las Vegas Hotel & Casino as our top pick. This lush hotel and casino is located on a sprawling, Roman-themed property at the heart of the Vegas strip and offers upscale dining, elegant rooms, and plenty of buzz.
In This Article
The 5 Top-Rated Hotels in Las Vegas
|Best Overall||Caesars Palace Las Vegas Hotel & Casino||4.6|
|Runner Up||Bellagio Hotel and Casino||4.6|
|Best Budget Hotel||Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino||4.5|
|Best Luxury Hotel||The Venetian||4.7|
|Best Pet-Friendly Hotel||Vdara Hotel & Spa||4.5|
*Ratings are from Google Reviews at the time of publication and can change
Our Top Pick: Caesars Palace Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
After careful consideration, our top pick of Vegas hotels is Caesars Palace Las Vegas Hotel & Casino. This glitzy, glamorous hotel encompasses all of the very best that Sin City has to offer in a huge, Roman-themed complex on the Vegas strip. It offers elegant rooms, posh dining, and easy access to dozens of casinos, bars, and clubs.
What we love most about Caesars Palace is that it combines everything there is to love above Vegas—it’s grand, ostentatious luxurious, and lively to a fault—and still provides a very pleasant and comfortable bolthole for those who want to enjoy a little peaceful downtime from the downtown buzz.
The rooms in this hotel start at very reasonable prices and are comfortable, spacious, elegantly furnished, and offer great views on all but the very bottom floors. Amenities at Caesars Palace include no fewer than 11 restaurants (a fancy Japanese restaurant and a casual grill among them), a casino, seasonal outdoor pool, a gym, spa, nightclub, and live entertainment.
Caesars Palace Las Vegas Hotel & Casino Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip
- Roman themed
- Pet friendly
- Amenities include an airport shuttle, 11 restaurants, a casino, seasonal outdoor pool, a gym, spa, nightclub, and live entertainment
Our Runner Up Pick: Bellagio Hotel and Casino
A superbly plush, refined 5-star hotel located on the strip and fronted by an 8-acre lake with choreographed fountains.Check Price
One of the best places to get your fill of quasi-regal opulence and elegance all topped off with a dash of glitzy razzle-dazzle, the Bellagio Hotel and Casino is one of the Vegas strip’s most visited, iconic, and memorable locations.
Most of those who have visited Vegas almost invariably list the Bellagio’s 8-acre lake and outstanding water display as one of the city’s highlights, but this fairytale-esque hotel has a lot more going for it that merely its water features… Situated on the strip and just 2 miles from McCarran International Airport, the Bellagio occupies one of the most central and convenient pieces of real estate in the whole of Vegas. It also offers sumptuously decorated rooms with customized art, marble bathrooms and soaking tubs, and excellent city views.
The amenities at the Bellagio are none too shabby, either, including a selection of upscale international restaurants, cafes, a casino with over 2,000 slot machines and 40 poker tables, a spa, art gallery, 5 outdoor pools, bars, a gym, and regular live shows.
Bellagio Hotel and Casino Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip, just 2 miles from McCarran International Airport
- Iconic lake and water fountains
- Pet friendly
- Amenities include restaurants, cafes, a casino, a spa, art gallery, 5 outdoor pools, bars, a gym, and live shows
Best Budget Pick: Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
A chic, stylish hotel offering reasonably priced, movie-themed rooms and excellent amenities in the center of the strip.Check Price
Despite being a destination famed for its over-the-top extravagance, Vegas has a surprising number of budget-priced accommodation options on offer. One of the best of these options is found in the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino.
This hotel is set above one of Vegas’ largest casinos in a glittering high-rise building that overlooks the strip just a five-minute walk from the fountains at the Bellagio and a mile from Madame Tussaud’s wax museum. The vibe is chic and lively and but also very livable, with a wealth of shared spaces and nicely sized rooms contributing to a resort-style feel.
The amenities at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino are nigh-on exhaustive and top-notch in terms of quality. They include several restaurants, bars, a spa, 2 pools, a shopping mall, a casino, live shows, a fitness center, and a pet-friendly policy.
Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip, a 5-minute walk from the Bellagio
- Rooms decorated with movie memorabilia
- Pet friendly
- Amenities include a handful of restaurants, 2 pools, a spa, a shopping mall, casino, live show, fitness center, and business center
Best Luxury Hotel in Vegas: The Venetian
If grandeur and elegance are you thing, this opulent, resort-style hotel at the heart of the Vegas strip is well worth its place on your shortlist.Check Price
Just like the famed Italian city it’s named after, the Vegas strip’s The Venetian is a resort-style hotel that offers breathtaking opulence and almost unimaginable quaintness in equal measures.
Situated on the Vegas strip just 3 miles from McCarran International Airport and within easy walking distance of other must-see attractions such as the Bellagio fountains and Madame Tussaud’s, this hotel offers visitors one of the best locations in all of Vegas as regards ease of access to the very best Sin City has to offer.
The hotel forms part of a huge complex that includes The Palazzo and Sands Expo Convention Center and is crisscrossed by a delightful network of canals where you can kick back on a gondola ride while taking in the scenery and one-of-a-kind atmosphere. The hotel claims to have suites that are double the size of the average Vegas hotel room, meaning this is also one of the most livable luxury hotels in the area.
With regards to amenities, The Venetian offers 20 restaurants, a casino, free parking, bars and lounges, a nightclub, a wax museum, a theater, a shopping mall, 10 outdoor pools, and a spa. If you want to enjoy all of them, you might want to start thinking about extending your stay!
The Venetian Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip, 3 miles from McCarran International Airport
- Part of a complex that includes The Palazzo, Sands Expo Convention Center, and a network of canals
- Amenities include 10 outdoor pools, a spa, a shopping mall, 20 restaurants, a casino, bars and lounges, a nightclub, wax museum, theater, and free parking
Best Pet-Friendly Hotel in Vegas: Vdara Hotel & Spa
This contemporary and minimalist all-suite hotel offers outstanding amenities, sleek, comfortable rooms, and a laid-back, modern vibe just one block from buzz and bustle of the strip.Check Price
For visitors planning on bringing their four-legged, feathered, or other animal friends along for their stay in Sin City, the options don’t get any better than the exquisite Vdara Hotel & Spa.
This hotel is located just one block from the Vegas strip in the CityCenter complex, which is connected to Aria Las Vegas via an outdoor walkway. The Vdara is a gaming-free hotel, which means that it’s also a great choice for those visiting Vegas to take in the sights and attractions rather than to get their gamble on. The hotel also boasts a dog park for morning walks with your pooch, making it one of the most convenient and practical stopovers for pet owners in all of Vegas.
The hotel’s suites are polished, upscale, and modern in design and come with free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, soaking tubs, kitchenettes, and living and dining areas. Amenities include a spa, fitness center, an outdoor pool with cabanas, a variety of international restaurants, a cafe, and a poolside bar.
Vdara Hotel & Spa Key Features:
- Located in the CityCenter complex, one block from the strip
- Dog park
- Amenities include a business center, spa, fitness center, an outdoor pool with cabanas, international eateries, a cafe, poolside bar, and on-sire laundry service
Who Should Visit Las Vegas
The real question should be: who shouldn’t visit Las Vegas? If we were to name ten cities worldwide that everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime, Vegas would certainly be among them. Vegas is internationally renowned for its one-of-a-kind party atmosphere, casinos, and lavish hotels. And even for those who like to throw in a little bit of outdoor adventure with their partying and indulgence of all the glitz and glamour will find a lot on offer within a short driving distance of the strip. Just an hour north-east of the city center you’ll find Valley of Fire State Park, a wonderland of outlandish rock formations and epic natural eye candy which can be enjoyed on numerous hiking trails. Within a half hour of any downtown there are also a handful of award-winning golf courses, most notably Angel Park Golf Club. Cyclists can tear around the wild and wonderful Red Rock Canyon, just 30 miles west of the strip, and Kayakers can get their fill of water-time on the Colorado River, just 45 minutes from downtown. Finally, in Red Rock Canyon rock climbers can find one of the US’ most unique and thrilling sport-climbing venues as well as dozens of bouldering and multi-pitch trad routes, with the area boasting a total of just under 2,600 routes.
Inportant Factors to Consider
- Budget. Given all its glitz and glamour, you could be forgiven for thinking that visiting Las Vegas on the cheap would be an impossibility. There are, however, a high number of budget-friendly hotels both on and around the Las Vegas strip for those looking to enjoy the best of everything Sin City has in store without paying through the nose. Prices per night for Vegas hotels vary greatly, with some upscale options costing in excess of $1k per night and other, budget options costing well under $100 per night. As you might expect, those at the lower end of the scale are likely to be far less luxurious and lavish, but visitors shouldn’t be tempted to assume that low-cost means low-quality—many hotels in Vegas charge reasonable rates on the (not unreasonable!) assumption that guests will make up for the reduced rates by spending their $ in the hotel’s casino(s)!
- Location. The decision on where to stay while in Vegas can be simplified by lumping its numerous hotels into two broad categories: those on the strip and those not on the strip. While those hotels located on Vegas’ world-famous strip are sure to be unique, all kinds of lively, and bustling 24/7, just a block or so back visitors can find a number of hotels (some even gambling-free) that offer a more laid-back, quieter, and ultimately more livable atmosphere.
- Hotel type. Vegas boasts a wide range of hotels suitable for families, solo travelers, business travelers, party animals and more reserved visitors alike. Most hotels on the strip itself are very accommodating of all types of traveler, with the vast majority being family and pet friendly, offering budget and upscale rooms and suites, and even boasting business facilities for those unfortunate few in the city on business instead of pleasure. Most hotels in Vegas are large-scale, resort style behemoths with hundreds if not thousands of rooms, but a few boutique gems can be found with a little digging, for example The Cromwell and The Downtown Grand.
- Amenities. While in many locations visitors often have to compromise on amenities due to the lack of availability or budget constraints, in Vegas this is rarely the case. Most Vegas hotels offer pretty much every amenity you could ask for and in most cases deciding between one hotel and another will come down to just how fancy and lavish you wish those amenities to be. As with any location,when booking your hotel, we’d recommend listing a few amenities that are non-negotiable (pet friendly, spa, pool, and/or gym, for example) and working through the options using a process of elimination until you have created a shortlist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which hotels should I visit in Las Vegas?
Even if you don’t happen to be staying in them, there are plenty of hotels in Vegas that are worth a visit as attractions in their own right. The most notable of these include The Bellagio (famed worldwide for its lake and fountains), The Venetian (boasts canals and gondola rides), the Paris Hotel (to see the miniature Eiffel Tower and enjoy the Parisienne vibe), and the Mirage Hotel (to see its erupting volcano and explore the Secret Garden).
What are the newest hotels in Vegas?
An handful of new hotels have appeared on the Vegas strip in the last two or three years, with the most significant being the 3,000-room Park MGM, The LINQ, Delano Las Vegas, SLS, and The Cromwell. The last of these hotels gets our vote as the ‘Pick of the Bunch’ on account of its incredibly quirky vibe and decor (think 19th-Century London crossed with a Milan fashion show) and truly unique, boutique suites.
What Las Vegas hotels are on the strip?
The Las Vegas strip is roughly 4.2 miles long and home to dozens of hotels. Some of these include The Flamingo, SLS, Tropicana, The LINQ, Planet Hollywood, The Venetian, The Bellagio, Circus Circus, Caesars Palace, Harrah’s, Bally’s, Casino Royale Best Western, The Cromwell, The Excalibur, The Luxor, Treasure Island, The MGM Grand, The Stratosphere, New York-New York, Mandalay Bay, The Palazzo, Paris Hotel, The Wynn, The Cosmopolitan, and The Drew Las Vegas.
What is the oldest hotel on the Las Vegas strip?
The oldest hotel on the Las Vegas strip is the Flamingo Las Vegas. This hotel and casino, which opened on December 26th, 1946, boasts a 77,000 square foot casino and a total of 3,626 hotel rooms and is currently owned by the Hilton Corporation.
Other Hotels in Las Vegas We Reviewed
We looked at 20 other hotels in Las Vegas. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best hotels in Las Vegas list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option for your trip. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing.
Budget Hotels in Las Vegas
Located on the Vegas strip directly opposite The Palazzo, this lively hotel offers plentiful amenities and cozy rooms at very affordable prices.
Treasure Island Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip
- Simply furnished rooms have free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, living areas, marble-floored bathrooms, and floor-to-ceiling windows
- Amenities and perks include free parking, 9 restaurants, several bars, a casino, a nightclub, an outdoor pool and hot tub, a fitness center, spa, and live shows
A three-star hotel with warmly furnished rooms, a lively vibe, and excellent amenities that include a zoo, casino, and upscale steakhouse.
Flamingo Las Vegas Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip next to the High Roller Ferris Wheel
- Large, relaxed rooms and laid-back vibe
- Pet friendly
- Amenities include several eateries, cafes and bars, a Caribbean-themed casino, a spa and a lagoon-style outdoor pool, a gym, a zoo, and live shows
This Big Apple-themed hotel resembles the New York skyline and offers simple but sophisticated rooms in the heart of the strip.
New York-New York Hotel & Casino Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip between The Monte Carlo and Excalibur
- Simply furnished rooms
- Amenities include room service, a roller coaster that takes you 200 feet above the strip, live entertainment, more than a dozen bars and nightclubs, several restaurants, and a casino with weekend DJs and go-go dancers
Those looking to ‘elevate’ their Vegas experience would do well to shortlist this simply furnished but utterly unique landmark hotel on the north end of the Vegas strip.
Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower Key Features:
- Located on the north end of the Vegas strip
- Rotating restaurant in observation tower
- Thrill rides take you 100 stories above the strip
- Amenities include free parking, a gym, tower admission, a casino, wedding chapel, a spa, live entertainment, an outdoor pool with cabana, and several bars and lounges
This hotel is part of a bustling, glitzy casino and offers simple, spacious rooms at among the cheapest prices on the Vegas strip.
Harrah’s Las Vegas Hotel & Casino Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip, directly opposite Caesars Palace
- Stop on Las Vegas Monorail
- Perks and amenities include a casino, live comedy, magic and music shows, a nightclub, piano bar, fitness center, spa, salon, outdoor pool, four restaurants, and a 24/7 food hall
This ‘landmark’ hotel is a long-term favorite on the Vegas strip thanks to the property’s erupting faux volcano, its proximity to other iconic attractions on the strip, and the hotel’s thrilling dolphin habitat and aquarium.
The Mirage Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip next to Caesars Palace opposite Madame Tussaud’s
- Features include a dolphin habitat, saltwater aquarium, and faux volcano
- Amenities include an outdoor pool, an aquarium, several bars and lounges, a convention center, a spa, shopping area, 14 eateries, a casino, convenience store, and live entertainment
This rock ‘n’ roll-themed hotel is home to four venues hosting famous musicians, comedians, DJs, and other performers and offers chic rooms and a lively vibe just 2 blocks from the Vegas strip.
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas Key Features:
- Located 2 blocks from the Vegas strip
- Frequent live shows at four on-site venues
- Perks and amenities include free parking, 10 restaurants, a gym, outdoor pools with DJs, a spa, casino, and a business center
Luxury Hotels in Las Vegas
A highly elegant, sophisticated hotel-casino offering top-end amenities, views of the Bellagio fountains and Planet Hollywood, and airy rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows.
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Key Features:
- Located in the heart of the Vegas strip
- Sophisticated vibe
- Amenities include multiple bars and restaurants, a casino, an outdoor performance venue, 3 outdoor pools, a spa, gym, wedding chapel, a seasonal ice rink, and free parking
This superbly swish, swanky, and stylish five-star hotel packs an outstanding array of resort-style amenities and oozes opulence at every turn.
The Palazzo Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip, within easy walking distance of Madame Tussaud’s and The Venetian
- Italian-inspired decor
- Amenities include free parking, a fitness center, casino, a spa, an outdoor pool, several upscale restaurants, lounges, and nightclubs with live shows
A glamorous and glitzy five-star hotel that offers an almost regal feel and an excellent choice of posh eateries, theaters, and swanky bars.
Wynn Las Vegas Encore Key Features:
- Located on the strip just a 3-minute walk from the Sands Expo Convention Center, Madame Tussaud’s, and The Venetian
- Polished suites have floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the Vegas strip or Vegas downtown
- Amenities include a concierge, multiple restaurants, bars, posh nightclubs and theaters, swimming pools, a spa, a gym, golf course, and a convenience store
Located just one block from the Vegas strip and the Bellagio’s famed water fountains, this sophisticated all-suite hotel offer a more spacious environment and laid-back feel than many of its upscale competitors.
The Platinum Hotel & Spa Key Features:
- Located just one block from the Vegas strip
- Offers suites with balconies
- Amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, a gym, spa, lounge, American restaurant, business center, and valet parking
An elegant, five-star casino resort that offers visitors easy access to all of the strip’s major attractions and top-end shopping quite literally on your doorstep.
ARIA Resort & Casino Key Features:
- Located on the strip next to the CityCenter Mall and 2 miles from McCarran International Airport
- Plush rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows
- Amenities and perks include multiple restaurants, a casino, 3 outdoor pools, a spa, an upscale mall, live entertainment, and a business center
It may be pricey, but in return for your outlay this hotel offers outstanding panoramic views, a central location, and sleek, polished rooms with kitchenettes and whirlpool tubs.
Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip, one block from the Bellagio Fountains
- Contemporary rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows, kitchenettes, whirlpool tubs, 42-inch flat-screen TVs, and WiFi
- Perks and amenities include free parking, a convenience store, a lobby cocktail lounge, a coffee shop, a fitness center, and a seasonal outdoor pool and bar
These rooftop residences might just be the the most extravagant on the whole of the Vegas strip. Located on the top two floors of the MGM Grand, they offer exquisite views, furnishings that are fit for royalty, and preferred access to the MGM’s outstanding amenities.
Skylofts at MGM Grand Key Features:
- Located on the top two floors of the MGM Grand at the south end of the strip
- Suits offer panoramic city views, kitchens, living areas, and butler service
- Amenities include live entertainment, luxe nightclubs, multiple upscale eateries, several pools, a lazy river, a spa, fitness center, and a casino
Pet-Friendly Hotels in Las Vegas
This stylish, French-themed hotel is situated directly across the Bellagio and features a half-sized Eiffel Tower, a 2-acre rooftop pool in a French-style garden that’s ideal for walks with your pooch, and an indoor Parisian-style street with live entertainment and shopping areas.
Paris Las Vegas Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip, directly opposite the Bellagio
- Parisian street with shopping
- Amenities include a spa, fitness center, airport shuttle, a rooftop pool, live entertainment and shopping areas, a lounge with dueling pianos, nightclubs, and several restaurants
This stylish, laid-back hotel boasts a pet relief area on the property and allows you to leave pets in rooms unattended. It also has a lot to offer human visitors (!) too, including a car museum, casino, and easy access to Vegas’ other top attractions.
The LINQ Hotel + Experience Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip next to the LINQ entertainment and shopping area
- Pets can be left unattended in rooms
- Amenities include pet relief area, a casino, several restaurants and bars, a classic car museum and gallery, a fitness center, an outdoor pool, and a spa
Located at the southern end of the strip, this chic, modern hotel offers very comfortable rooms and plenty of exterior spaces to let your pets stretch their legs.
Sahara Las Vegas Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip’s southern end, four miles from McCarran International Airport and one mile
- Stylish, modern vibe
- Amenities include 7 restaurants, a small casino, a spa, gym, rooftop and outdoor pools with bars, and 2 nightclubs with live entertainment
This centrally located hotel sets aside the entire seventh floor for those visiting with pets and provides a handy pet relief area in addition to an impressive roster of other amenities.
Bally’s Las Vegas Hotel & Casino Key Features:
- Located on the Vegas strip, a 2-minute walk from the Bellagio Fountains
- Pet-relief area
- Amenities include an airport shuttle, a fitness center, live shows, tennis courts, a shopping mall, a seasonal heated pool with cabanas, 3 bars, a casino, and multiple dining options
This five-star hotel offers a luxury experience for pets and owners alike, with multiple upscale restaurants, well-proportioned rooms, a heated pool, and easy access to the strip’s main attractions.
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas Key Features:
- Located a five-minute walk from the Vegas strip and opposite the Fashion Show Mall
- Well-behaved pets can be left in the room unattended
- Elegant rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows and city views
- Amenities include free parking, a local shuttle, multiple restaurants, a poolside bar, a spa, an outdoor heated pool with private cabanas, and a gym
Located just under a mile from the strip, this home of the World Series of Poker Tournament offers excellent views, top-end amenities, and plenty of outdoor spaces for strolls with your pets.
Rio All-Suites Hotel and Casino Key Features:
- Located one mile from the Vegas strip, and four miles from McCarran International Airport
- Guests can stay with two pets weighing up to 50 lbs for an additional fee of $85 per night
- Amenities include child care, free parking, a steakhouse and Indian bistro, an outdoor pool, a spa, and live shows